Monday, August 30, 2004

back to business

Well, another weekend of visitors from home..two of my wife's friends came to see the new pa and experience the 5 1/2 hour (or so) drive from Edmonton to Medicine Hat. Thus, we didn't get much unpacking done, but did a few errands around town (looking for curtains & rods, buying groceries, dog food, kitty litter, all the necesseties, you know).

After they went home on Sunday, we did manage to move a few boxes (some unpacked & flattened, some full of stuff for our impending garage sale) into the garage, to get them out of the way for now.

Allie's working a rare day shift today, as part of a mandatory orientation shedule (weird to think of still needing orientation, as she's been working there for over two months). I shall continue unpacking, and having gottent he kitchen and living room liveable, if not perfect, now I start on the two rroms in the basement, which will end up as our craft and rec room in one, and my home theatre and "my stuff" room..toys, swords, lacquered frogs, all the shtuff that she won't allow in the rest of the house.

Damn, I hope I at least hear from the EI people soon. Nice to know some money will be coming in at some point, as I haven't found a plethora of jobs requiring AV experience. While antique browsing with the girls on Saturday, I did make a contact with a local music theatre group (the store owner sits on the board of directors), and he mentioned they always need sound & lighting volunteers. Music theatre isn't exactly my specialty, nor is it even something I particlarly care for, but once I get more settled, perhaps I'll investigate it, just to learn some new skills and keep my hands in things. I am also going to check out volunteering at the art gallery/museum, as another way to get my foot in the door at the Esplanade, as well as the library (they have a theatre that is available for bookings, maybe they need some technical people).

I can see that I'll need to find something to get me out of the house on a regular basis soon. I can only do so much unpacking and organizing, and I'm going to need to meet some people soon, as I already miss the ongoing contact with my family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home