Monday, August 23, 2004

no pictures

..to post, but I had a blastgoing out for beers with people one last time as a resident of Edmonton. To all you guys who made it, thanks for coming, it meant a lot to me to see you all. Those of you who didn't make it, more beer for us!! Seriously, I know you couldn't come and that's cool, I'll see you on my next trip into town.

Saw Alien vs Predator on the weekend. Some of the family came to visit us in the Hat and see the new house..while checking out the mall, three of them went to Shrek 2, one of my brothers-in-law and I went to AVP instead. I was expecting it to be a lot worse, and was actually OK once past the slow start. It had pretty much all the cliches you'd expect to see where these two species are concerned, all the little things that were set up in the first movies that featured them. I can't think of anything that's coming out in the next little while that I'm excited to see, but not having seen any commercials or anything for the last few weeks has left me blissfully unaware, so we'll wait for the hype machine to catch up to me.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roberto! Justin here...It was great having a quick beer with you. Glad to hear all is well and that you have cat 5 cable running all over your house. I haven't been out to check out a flick for a while but I'm hoping to see Farenheit 911 soon. Moore always has a comment or opinion that he'd like to voice. Belina just got word that she'll be full time this year, starting in a week so we won't be moving down to Medicine Hat this fall. I can't wait to see you new pad there. Cheers man and give Allie a big hug for us. -J-

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Marmalade Girl said...

I was pleasantly surprised at how much AVP didn't suck that much. It was way too short but they didn't have much of a script. Overall, it was a B, maybe B+.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home