Monday, September 13, 2004

Why, I remember when...

..concerts were twenty bucks! Yes, I wanted to see the reunited Van Halen. I was a fan of the Hagar era of the band, and yeah, it would be a guilty pleasure and attempt to re-experience my young adult years. But $119 per ticket, plus Ticket-Bastard's outrageous service charges? No, I can't think of many bands I'd pay that kind of money to see. In the first 5 rows on the floor, maybe, but for 80 percent of the seats in the building? No way. Nosebleeds are $60 plus service charges, for Chrissakes!

2 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Michael Joyal said...

YEESH!! That's a raping price. There are a few shows here that are actually the 20 buck price..but I'm not sure if I will go. Indie bands like The Killers and Muse..Hayden is playing..but I will go alone if I go..Sue ain't a fan.

I think I will be attending Matt Good as Sue got me a ticket for our Anniversary..coming up soon. Sept 21.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool..I checked his site to see if by any chance his tour was including little hick towns like Medicine Hat..no such luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home