Friday, October 08, 2004

changes

I'm changing my mind about the idea of augmenting my AV experience with more computer traiing. It donned on me (and probably everyone else before me) that that really isn't what I want to do..it's more what I expect that everyone expects me to do. Might it lead to a job. Sure, maybe. Will it lead o me being happy and fulfullied? Most likely not.

I don't want to waste this opportunity to do something different. I'm having a hard time thinking o what direction to go. I have some restraints..I mean, EI isn't going to pay for four year and a Bachelor's, even if that was what I wanted, which it isn't, really.

I have to limit myself to a less-than-one year course. I have to be able to take it in Medicine Hat, obviously, because I live there. And there should be a good likelyhood of actually geting a job in the Hat afterwards.

I keep coming back to something I thought about a few years ago, but dismissed after the financial realities (I was working, Allie was not, and the course was 2 years and $5000 per year) at the time.

Now, I see a one-year version of it here in Medicine Hat. Not sure of the opportunities in the Hat, but I believe that if successful, one might be able to make opportunities for oneself.

Can anyone out there see me as a student, and then employee, in aspects of the travel and tourism industry.

I also nixed the idea at first because the pay, starting out, is traditionally low in retail travel services. But, that's not too much of an issue right now, not to start with. I'm more concerned with doing something I want to do, and this idea has always intrigued me, if nothing else, for the potential to travel myself, and the perks that come along with being inside the industry.

Any thoughts from youse guys?

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Michael Joyal said...

You have always been there to tell me not to worry about what others think and to not do something because you think it would make others happy. DO not what you think people want you to do but do what YOU, in your heart, want to do.

I could easily see you wokring with people on vacation planning..you are a travellor..time to make sure others travel well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home