Sunday, October 03, 2004

ouch

I cut my finger today. Cutting an ugly eye out of a potato, the knife slipped and flicked a neat little chunk out of the tip of my left hand index finger. Not serious, hurt like a bugger. Looking at it just now. it didn't just slice in, it actually carved a V-shapped chunk, bleeding only from the little wee bit bit at the bottom of the valley. I've neve seen a cross-section of a finger print before, let alone one of my own. Looks kinda weird.

New town boredom is really beginning to set in. I know I have all these plans to go out and look for a part-time job to supplement the EI (as well as get me ou tof the house), and to volunteer, or maybe take some classes, EI sponsored or otherwise..but it's hard getting past the fact that I'm one of those objects, that when at rest, tends to stay at rest. I really need to get motivated and get out there and do stuff besides run errands.

I made jam tarts today..mmmm. I had made apple pie at some point last year, and froze all the extra dough. It stayed in my mother-in-law's freezer when we moved, and found it's way back home with other frozen goods when we visted last week. I didn't feel like slicing apples, so jam tarts it was.

I make a fine pie crust, If I do say so myself (and this is backed up by both my wife and her mom, who says mine is better than hers. Ha.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home