Wednesday, October 27, 2004

research

To qualify for the previously mentioned funding, I must now do more research. I have to look into the tourism field and find out pros and cons, whether there's any work, etc. What I've found so far is as far as retail tarvel agencies go, odds are slim of finding anything in Medicine Hat, but lots to choose from outside of here. One of the best prospects, for decent pay and perks, and to live in Medicine Hat (but work out of Calgary) would actually be to try for a flight attendant job with Westjet..how bizarre does that seem on the surface?

But on the flipside, when I've flown with Westjet, there have been male flight attendants, not apparently gay either. And one in particular was a big fat ugly bastard who was rude to my wife when she offered to help, when another passenger was having a bit of a medical issue. I could do better than that.

Apparently, Westjet pays flight attendants pretty good, the travel perks are really good, and you get benefits when working part-time, (which is how every starts out there). I love to fly, and I now have friends and relatives all over the country..I could handle using the job as a way of isiting once in awhile.

Who knows..even though the pay is low in retail travel, I would still like to try it, along with other aspects of tourism, to see where I would fit in. There is defintely more to the industry than travel agents or flight attendants, but I'm sure experience in either would lead to even more opprtunities.

As I've said often, time will tell. Let's see if I can get into the program first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home