Sunday, October 24, 2004

this week

Did the student-for-a-day gig at the college..I really enjoyed it. I should find out some more details on gettig it paid for tomorrow. In a program full of women, mostly right out of high school, I was told that I have a distinct advantage being maute, and male. Many agencies call up the head of the Global Tourism and Marketing program asking for both of those things, in an attempt to diversify their offices. Weird.

The instructors were all really nice, the program sounds funa nd interesting, and the job prospects seem pretty good overall. Locally will be hit-or-miss, but I'm willing to take that chance. We'll just see what happens down the road.

Saw The Punisher. I remember seeing the tagline for it when I was visiting Toast in T.O. "The Punishment Begins July whatever..." I recall thinking, "How apt. I bet it does..." This movie licked nuts. I don't have much more to say. It could have been just a big, stupid shoot-em-up, but they missed the mark even on that. Glad I didn't waste any time or money seeing it in the theatre.

This week's Smallville was good. Had their re-imagined version of The Flash in it. Man, Mukey'll crap himself if they bring in Green Lantern.

Bought a working 17" Panasonic monitor at Value Village for ten bucks. That's the best deal I've gotten on pretty much anything lately. Wish I could come across a few more of those.

Remember that horror film festival I talked about awhile ago, Exofest? They finally got going in a nightclub in Edmonton as an alternative venue. Well, Exofest ran the first night of their festival, and it ran well from what I read. Second night, a few minutes into the film, August Underground's Mordum,the venue pulled the plug due to the graphic nature. I'm intrigued by twon things, the fact that the venue was unprepared for the content of a horror film festival, that they weren't expecting and able to tolerate the worst, as well as by the film itself...must be pretty bad. Now, I can handle, and even enjoy, graphic violence in movies. What I don't like are the depictions of cruelty, or realism, more than the violence? Does that make sense? I could watch zombies, werewolves and slashers rip people apart from moring til night in the most graphic ways possible, but scenes of cruelty to animals, or rape scenes turn me off competely. I'm suspectig that Mordum was more along those lines. All I can say is the bar should have previewed it and vetoed it before it began running, not during.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home