Thursday, October 14, 2004

well, i'll be

As toast and marmy, and everyone else who will listen all know, I had such a blast visiting last their place last February that, airfares permitting, I am planing to do it again at the same time of year. People came over, pizzas were consumed, Oscars were watched, and a good time was had by all.

This Oscar news blows me away. I never thought I'd see the day. It's definitely a risky choice, riskier than Letterman was, lo those many years ago. I can't stand Whoopi Goldberg, Steve Martin is a washed up whore who should be ashamed of himself for remaining alive after his latest hunks of steaming, runny, diseased, wino crap, and Billy Crystal, though his Oscar stuff is good, is just so safe. I can't think of any other host out there who wouldn't be just that- patronizing and safe (with the exception of Robin Williams, but although I like him, he tends to get on my nerves, too). I'm really starting to despise anything that safe.

I've always liked Chris Rock, and although calling him "one of the new generation of comics", I suppose for American network TV, which is at least 15 years behind anything progressive, it's accurate.

I can't even stand the Oscars..last year was the first time in ages I actually watched more than 5 minutes. Apart from the Oscar party potential, I'll actually watch it for Rock no matter where I happen to be Feb. 27.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home