Monday, January 10, 2005

dreams

Had some doozie weird dreams the last few nights. On eof them reminded me of dreams I used to have, where either during the dream, or upon waking, I think to myself "Damn, if I can remember thsi one and write it down verbatim, it will make a great movie script!". Shortly afterwards, what I can remember of it can't even be described or put into any kind of context in the least, and if I can describe it, it sounds incredibly stupid.

I did have a zombie dream, and I can remember fragments of characters in a building, trying to accomplish something. I can remember something happenign outside with trucks and cherry-picker basket trucks, trying to get on the roof of an apartment building. I can remember from the roof, seeing a non-zombie character getting killed by other non-zombies. I remember lots of surviving-human conflict, you know, the good guys vs the bad guys, and the zombies are more just the setting.

In fact, I didn't see a single zombie in the dream, even though I knew they were out there somewhere, and during the dream, a character, who was me, (you know how dreams are sometimes, you're you but you're not you) said outloud to the others,

"There aren't many living dead in this living dead movie, are there?"

You read it here first..screenplay to follow.

The other dream I had was about Buzz, one of our dogs. We were still calling him Buzz, but I knew that his name was really Allan.

I can't explain it either.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Toasty said...

The first Romero movie was sorta like that. The mainstay of the drama was between the humans and not between the zombies and the humans. How about one where not a single zombie is seen in the movie, where we know the fear of the survivors. it could be like a post-apocalyptic movie that stays in remote areas while the majority of the walking dead hang out in cities. t'would be a challenge to write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home