Tuesday, January 18, 2005

rollins

Thanks to Mukey, I'm overdosing on books by Henry Rollins. He gave me "Broken Summers", an awesome book about Rollins' efforts to put together a benefit CD and Tour in support of the West Memphis Three. I need to pick up that CD, "Rise Above: 24 Black Flag Songs in Support of the WM3"

I downloaded a few Flag songs, and they really aren't my thing. I guess there was a reason I didn't listen to them when I was younger. Do want to hear the re-done versions, though.

Mukey also gave me "Get in the Van: On The Road with Black Flag", also by Rollins, about his years with the band. That was some crazy lifestyle. It's amazing he survived. It can't make me actually like the music, but tons of respect for their work ethic and what they went through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home