Tuesday, February 15, 2005

another one down

Saw The Aviator. It was good, better than I was expecting. As far as production values, it was what I expected, nothing Scorcese ever does is cheap or looks bad. I am not a fan of Leonardo, though. I think he'll always be hampered by his skinny, prett-boy look, even if his acting is good. He's taking other roles, but he always looks the same, you know? This one actually went a little way in the right direction. At times I was able to suspend my disbelief, not see Leonardo, but see an actor portraying a character..but not often.

So, yeah, it was OK. Not sure if I'll get to see Million Dollar Baby or Hotel Rwanda before Oscar night. Will rent Ray, maybe. We'll see. I've seen the two that I wanted to see, that may have to do.

PS congraulations, Mukey, on the shiny new job. Knew you could do it. Now, lets get some o that good karma over this way.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Marmalade Girl said...

"...nothing Scorcese ever does is cheap or looks bad."

EXCEPT for that god awful CG'ed elephant in Gangs of New York. For the price they must have paid to CG it, they could have rented a real elephant and walked it through the scene. It was TERRIBLE!!!!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I must have blocked that out...I saw Gangs of New York in several sittings, you know, catching the middle, then the end, then the beginning, as we tend to do with the all-day-PPV on the dish. I honestly can't remember the elephant. Maybe I missed it, or just refuse to remember it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home