Thursday, February 10, 2005

sideways

Went and saw Sideways last night. It was pretty damn funny. I am somewhat ashamed to admit that it's pretty much the only one of the current bunch of Ossar-nominees that I've seen. I'll have to try and catch a few more in the next couple of weeks.

I wonder the the half-dozen octagenarian ladies that were sitting in the row in front of us really thought about the movie. I tried to read a reaction from them during some of the funniest moments, but nada. Nothin. Blank stares while we were howling.

Then again, I did overhear them in the lobby saying, "We made a bad choice."

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Michael Joyal said...

The two you have to see are Hotel Rwanda and Million Dollar Baby.

I enjoyed Sideways, especially the 'retrieving the wallet' scene and the 'Bike helmet to the nose' scene.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

yep, and although i odn't play golf, i know enough golfers who take it so seriously, that the beligerent golf humour was pretty good too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home