Tuesday, March 22, 2005

back again

Back from our visit to Edmonton. It was nice to see everybody, I needed the contact with friends and family. Nathan and Tamara can't move here quickly enough for me.

We were delayed in coming back by one day becuase of the "first day of spring" snowstorm, and the resulting bad roads. If we had left early Sunday morning, it wouldn't have been a problem, but by the time we got the family breakfast at Humpty's finsidhed, and the car loaded, I wasn't optimistic about getti back to the Hat before dark. I can handle bad roads, I just don't want to drive them in the dark if I can avoid it, so we went home Monday instead, getting in the road by 8AM.

Even with my lack of a job, Medicine Hat is feeling like home. I was disappointed at not going home as scheduled, and doubly glad to be back when we finally did arrive on Monday.

Found a few more jobs to apply to in the next few days. Will be working on the psychology course from Athabasca University. Not sure how we'll swing it, but will be applying for the University Transfer program at Medicine Hat College to get a start on my Bachelor of Arts, and see where that can lead. I'm not sure, but I found something that might be a good career path, and the BA is a start. I'll fill you in when the time is right. The end result will be a solid career in Medicine Hat. Yes, planning to stay here.

There are things I miss about the city, besides family and friends, but also much that I don't. Crime, murders, expensive fuel & parking..it's taken, and will continue to take, time to put down roots here and feel like it's home, but I'm getting there.

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger T. Destiny in Taiwan said...

Rob, if you keep being warm and sappy about the Hat I'm going to have to kick you. *laughing* It's too damn hard to be in Taiwan while you're talking about being homesick in Edmonton!
((HUGS))
T. Destiny
aka suspicious chick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home