Monday, April 25, 2005

Finally broke down and applied at Future Shop. Not my ideal job, but ideal isn't happening rght now, and I can't sit still waiting to hear from anyone. They called right away, had one interview this morning, and i go back at 4PM for another one with a different manager.

But, over the weekend, I e-mailed All Star Show Industries, to see if they had started pulling cable in the Esplanade yet. The boss called me today, said they're starting Friday, and am I still available?

You betcha, and it pays better than Future Shop, so I'll get at least a week of work to start with, and then they'll evaluate how I'm doing and see what I can do for the rest of the summer. Time to impress...I'll try to make myself so indispensible that maybe I can get a raise out of them sooner rather than later.

Just watch, Future Shop will offer me something, and I'll have to choose, or one of the others I appled for will come through as well. These things always happen like that.

If that happens, I'll just try to put them off, or weigh the better money vs future employment vs good experience vs work environment against each other, and see who comes out the winnner.

Either way, it looks like I've got something to do outside the house! Yay me!

Speaking of something to do, I am now an adult newspaper carrier. No Get A Life jokes, please.

It doesn't pay a hell of a lot, but I took it more for the excercise than anything. Two routes, 60-odd papers around my neighbourhood, and I should be able to stick a few bucks away towards the Florida holiday (plus drop a few pounds prior to the trip as well)

Printed off my proposed tattoo design, too..I would like to be slimmer, healthier, a little bit tanned, and newly tattooed before the trip.

Oh yeah, and maybe glasses-free as well, if the sale is extended?

Man, I better get another paper route.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Arbitrarium said...

You have my respect for doing what you need to do. I'm envious in a way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home