Saturday, April 30, 2005

*sigh* No word from All Star at all on Friday. Nothing Saturday..until noon. I did my papers, came home and went back to bed, woke up at 10AM, puttered then finally went for a shower. At noon, after the shower, was the waiting voice mail that the guy I was supposed to meet spent the morning surveying the site, and it isn't ready for wiring yet, that's why he didn't call. Since I'd been waiting for 24 hours for a call, it would have been nice to know this earlier.

Now they say they'll call me Monday or Tuesday to let me know what's up. I will let Future Shop and the Best Western know that I am no longer tied up this week, and if they have something for me, I can start anytime. If I had known that Friday wasn't for sure, I wouldn't have een mentioned it in the interviews.

By the way, I hate the Friday and Saturday papers..more damn flyers than newspaper. I tried a pretty good routine of walking, loading and driving to get them done, as my route covers many blocks, and 30 papers wouldn't even fit in my bag, if I wanted to carry them all the way..which I don't. It's a drag, it isn't nearly as good excercise to do it this way, but the weight of them prohibits doing it the way I did every other day. Oh well.

Went to Safeway, spent carefully and got 175 bonus air miles, and din't really buy anything we don't need, which is an air miles trap I often fall into. "Yes, I will buy six boxes of cereal that I don't really like, just to get the bonus 75 miles!" Not this time, thankfully. We alreday have about 3 months supply of beef, pork, and chicken in the freezer from my last major air miles induced shopping trip.

Had lunch, cleaned the bathroom. That was my day until Allie gets home in, oh, ten minutes or so. Not sure what's up tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home