Friday, May 13, 2005

When it rains, it pours..isn't it always the way?

I hadn't planned on actively searching for that second part-time job to supplement the RCMP gig quite yet. I was planning to get settled in there first. Alas, who called me for an interview but the Medicine Hat Co-op, responding to an ad I had answered literally the day before I found out the RC's wanted me.

It was for a full time furniture/appliance/electronics sales position. Now, you know that certainly wasn't my first choice in types of jobs, but with the Esplanade installation thing not working out, I was ready to try anything. Well, even though they were looking for a full-time person, they really liked what I seemed to bring to the table, and after two interviews in one day, one with their HR person and another with the furniture store manager, I was hired. It's your basic low wage plus commission gig, but I'm willing to try anything to get out of the house and meet people.

They were willing to accomodate the job's hours to what I believe I will be available with the RCMP job taking priority, which is great. And, with the RCMP needing me to fill out a 25 page security clearance form, and I'm sure they'll have to verify all the names and numbers on it, I have no idea when I'll actually start the job. The Co-op, I start Monday, so at least I'll start getting a paycheck again soon, however small.

Of course, if the RCMP hours don't match up with the Co-op schedule, or if a better PT job comes up, the Co-op will have to go, but it is defintely worth a try. For that matter, if a good full-time job comes up, I'll weigh it versus the RCMP very carefully.

As always, I'll keep all y'all posted on the developments.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger T. Destiny in Taiwan said...

Good to hear that it's pouring goodness on your head instead of crap!

It's pouring rain here on and off. I'm crazy 'cause I like it in some ways.

Keep your chin up! Thanks for stayin' in touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home