Thursday, June 09, 2005

Can you tell I'm up early for a change, instead of going back to bed until noon (after my papers, and before the Co-op)? Look at all these posts!

The quitting of Co-op was better than I thought it would be. I still felt terribly guilty, as Kelvin, the manager, is a great guy, as are the other employees, and I felt bad leaving after he invested time in training me. The last few days, though, made it even more clear that I made the right choice.

The store is so dead.

They say they don't rely on foot traffic, but rather on building a client base, but there sure as hell isn't much to do when there's nobody coming in the door. I can't stand just pacing back and forth, waiting for something to happen.

Kel did a very nice thing, since I don't have that client base, and would be making minimum wage, pretty much, for the duration of my two-weeks notice, he is assigning his commissions to me, as a thank you for actually giving notice, and staying a bit. In the past, I guess he's had people just cal up same day, saying "Not coming in today...not now, not ever again" which is incredibly rude. I wouldn't do that to them, no matter how quick LD wants me to start. One week left at Co-op, then hopefully the LD training begins.

Oh yeah, just heard that the LD manager that hired me gave his two weeks notice, and is moving on to work for Bell. Geez, do I smell or something?

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

No, it is ME who smells. it's 25 here with a 38 humidity and there was no A/C in the store.

smell YOU latah !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home