Friday, June 10, 2005

My newspaper delivery career has ended a few weeks sooner than I was planning.

I've been leaving very polite notes for my collect subs, stating the amount they owe, and asking if they could either leave payment in their mailbox, as several of my subscribers had offered to do already, or call me if this was not agreeable. Several of them, no call, nor payment. Second note, asking them to call me. Again, no response. Third note, asking them to advise me what's going on to ensure uninterrupted service.

Then the angry phone calls started, ending with a trip to collect from one home tonight, and getting yelled at and bitched out. I collected, left, and left a message for the district manager at the paper, thanking her for finding me a sub for Saturday and Monday (for the eye surgery) and to find someone else to put up with the shit and abuse from these deadbeats, as this morning was my last.

Next week I will have to settle the account, and try my best to get the money that they'll owe me for the deadbeats, the slackers, and the ones that cancelled their subs partway through a two-week billing cycle, and owe me for partial weeks delivery, which they seem to have no intenytion of paying, even though I technically paid for their papers in advance.

Why the News still even has carrier-collect is ridiculous. This is 2005, not 1975.

Oh well..even if they stiff me out a few bucks, at least it is done, and I don't have to get up at 4AM anymore.

Better start hitting the gym, lest I gain back the near 20 lbs I have lost (yep, from my all-time high (or is it all time low?) weight of around 236, I am down to about 215, and feeling very good about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home