Friday, June 03, 2005

The tough decision is really no decision at all..with an offer of a shade under $10 per hour, I have to go with London Drugs, but I really am dreading the "We have to talk" that I will bring up with the Co-op manager today. I really like the store. I like the people. I have no connection to furniture, appliances and bedding. I hate the money and the commission structure.

I said this in brief before, but I actually feel like my opinions and contributions are valued, limited as they are by my lack of experience. If anything I contributed can be of use, I hope they run with the ideas in my absence, and I hope the store does well. With two weeks' notice, I hope I'm not leaving them in too much of a bad spot, but it is fair notice, after all.

The cynic in me says a) the reason they like me so much is that nobody else applied for the job, nobody else was desperate enough to take the job at what they offered, and no one else would put up with the added duties (over and above selling) at a low rate plus commission..for example, why do anything but sell, when that's the only way to get yourself over minimum wage? If I had gotten as far as trying to help them update their inventory system, they would have been getting a hell of a good deal.

Two week countown to leaving Co-op, one month until leaving the paper route..changes comin'. Oh yeah, did my first paper run in the rain this morning, made me wish I was giving it up yesterday. But, as a friend once said, I'm not made of sugar, I can deal with it.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

heh heh heh, i went for a PHP job interview and found out it was a commission (plus minor base) sales job for a PHP using SPAM company. I said I would think about it and never called them back. the weird thing is that Future Shop is commission based and I can never get ANYONE to help me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home