Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Well, I was dreading going into work yesterday, but it was't as bad as I thought it would be. Stil boring and childish, but at least I got to learn a bit about how to use the till (the completely different one than the one I spent three days training on).

I still think I have a hell of a lot to learn today, as I am supposed to be by myself for 3 hours tomorrow, for 5 hours the next day, closing by myself both of those times. But hey, they aren't concerned that I know almost nothing about the store, its procedures, or the stock, so why should I be?

Back to the childishness of it..my own supervisor acts like a kid who's on detention. Doesn't want to be there, everything is done begrudgingly, and this is an assistant (currently acting) manager who is awaiting word on getting the manager's job.

Everyone (especially her) runs in fear of the managers..."ooh, if you do that, so-and-so will be pissed", "so-and-so gave me a tongue lashing for trying to do that", and "you can get away with this if so-and-so is on, but if so-and-so is on, they'll flip out and you'll be recommended for 'counselling' (slap on the wrist)"

The managers do like to stick their nose into everything, and reduce the autonomy of the department managers..several little, absolutely minor aspects of a display had to be changed becuase so-and-so didn't like the look of the centre channel speaker than someone else had picked.

I'm surprised the managers even go by their first names, and don't insist on being called "Mr.so-and-so, or Ms. So-and-so" to enforce their authority. So childish.

Sent in my resume to the Esplanade today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home