Monday, August 29, 2005

First day done at the College. Some people suprised to see me there, some expected me but didn't know exactly when I'd be starting. It really does feel good to be back. Spent the day getting some background on service-desk-type stuff I never needed to know before, tomorrow will continue with more of the same. Wednesday-to-Friday, the list of stuff to get done before classes start next week is already growing, I have my work cut out for me. Feels good, though.

This Friday, back to the Hat to transport the cats n dogs. Then I'll take the rest of the long weekend to recover from it. The week after that, the move begins..renting a truck and borrowing any sucker that agrees to come along, we'll bring mostly packed boxes and smallish furniture, enough to fill a 16 foot truck, anyways. The week or so after, will do the same, but probably hire students or movers to get the piano and appliances into said truck.

I wish we were moving directly into a new house, but instead will be storing our posessions. We can't list the house for sale until the cats are gone, can't put an offer on a new house until the old one is sold (at least on paper, unconditionally). At least we have a place to store the cats and the stuff while all this goes on. I hope it won't be too long, as any good house for a good price seems to sell very quickly..we'll have to be ready to move fast to get anything good, and house prices in this town are just getting stupid.

Glad I'm here, will be happier to have the wife and animals with me, and to get the move over with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home