Saturday, October 01, 2005

Went and saw Serenity last night. It was good..that being said, I do feel like I missed what most everyone else seemed to get about it, which comes from familiarity with and evotion to Firefly, the series that spawned the movie.

I had read that the movie stands alone, and it's not necessary for one to know the seires, but I pretty much disagree. Not being familiar with the characters and the world they inhabit did leave me merely watching the events unfold, not really being involved in them like the others were. Now, I do have to see the series, and I'll rewatch Serenity and see if it makes any difference in my enjoyment of the film.

It was good to see some Joss Whedon-esque on-screen banter again, though.

My old pal Al is getting married today. Any biker gangs that want to crash the reception should come directly, at 5:30 PM, to...aaah, just kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home