Saturday, December 31, 2005

I've been feeling very reflective on 2005 as it draws to a close. Many things happened this year, good and bad.

Began the year in Medicine Hat, resolving to spend 2005 making a go of it in this strange place. Moved back to Edmonton.

Turned 35. EI ran out. Worked crappy retail jobs. Took six months to get in with the RCMP office admin job..quit after two weeks due to move back to Edmonton.

Lost my dad at the age of 85. I miss you, but I know you're still around.

A mere month later, found out I was going to be someone's dad. My wife discovered she was pregnant. Luckily, these two events were related.

Went on a family vacation to Florida, and found that July is the worst possible time to go to Florida.

Sold a house, bought a house. Got a job.

Almost lost Dr. Tongue, but the tough old bastard made it through. I swear, he's stubborn enough to live forever.

We went an entire year without getting any more cats. It was close, though. There was an almost-adoption of an orange kitten, and a finding of blind old Napoleon, who went to live with my brother and sister-in-law.

We had a much more lively Christmas this year, among family and friends. By haing a Christmas party this year, I realize how much I missed not being able to do so last year.

And tomorrow, it will be 2006. What will it bring? Hopefully more and less than 2005...I know for sure, that somewhere arond the 27th of April, when Miss Holly Ruby Joy O'Keefe makes her grand entrance, our lives will change forever, in the best way I can think of.

Happy New Year, everyone.

6 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rob, happy new year !!

martinis are yummy !

dcp

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So's Pinot Grigiot...:) The whooole bottle. :)

G'nite.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Michael Joyal said...

Here's to a healthier 2006 and the new O'Keefe!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Marmalade Girl said...

Have a bright and shiny New Year.
All the best to you, your family and your menagerie.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Alex P said...

Wow, Rob. That's tree good cat names you've used up...

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger who's this and the what now? said...

Hope you have a great year Rob! No more cats though I think you have enough. However if you are in the mood for another cat there is a big orange tabby with frost bitten ears at the spca. Sooo cute too bad I'm allergic as hell! Have a good One! Doc:-)>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home