Thursday, January 05, 2006

I was so excited to see The Hilarious House of Frightenstein finally back on the air in re-runs on Drive-In on the satellite. This show, more than almost any other, I think, except the 60's Spiderman cartoon, really transports me back to my childhood...it is so strange watching it now, and remembering the gorilla coming out of the trees, the hippie Superman, the mosquito, Griselda, the fortune teller, the professor..the list goes on and on. This motivates me to get set up so I can capture directly to DVD.

The only catch is, the crazy 70's psychedelic dance sequences are cut out, at least for now, due to rights and clearances. Same reason some of the classic Mystery Science Theatre episodes will never hit DVD. I'd be happy if they just cleared one tune and ran the same song on each episode, just to see the bluescreen sillouhette of Igor (with the big "I" on his chest..like you can't tell it's him...). Apparently, they're working on some song clearances.

Crazy..I loved that show.

"The castle lights are growing dim
There's no one left, but me...and him...
When next we meet in Frankenstone,
Don't...come alone."

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger c & d said...

sean & i used to watch it in reruns every morning before we had to leave for school. i think i was even late a few times because of it. i would love to see it again!!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Nastyboy said...

yOU FORGOT WOLFMAN AND THE SLOTH.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Michael Joyal said...

Sweet Jeebus!! I am excited at that news, If you ever burn a set on DVD, do one for the gipper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home