Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Watched Ultimate Avengers last night. The criticisms are well-enough founded, but I enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't the Ultimates, but if you want the book verbatim, re-read the book.

I was hoping for something a little deeper than just dumbing it down into a standard cartoon storyline, and it almost got there.

It was a little too adult in theme to be called a movie for kids, but too "kids" to really appeal to those who liked the books. The way they used the Hulk really worked for me..the story of it, and the battle, pushed me over from "eeh, it was OK" to "That was good." I was hoping for , "That was Frickin' AWESOME!", but hey, don't we hope that for everything?

Maybe that will be the basis for a new movie review system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home