Monday, March 27, 2006

A bunch of thoughts...

Well, my bet is in. With our due date of April 27 approaching, I have gone on the record and said that I believe we will have an Easter baby. Holly will be two weeks early. One friend of Allie's has said that she will be a week earlier than that. Another said she will go to her due date, or beyond.

Allison is not speaking to that friend until she takes it back.

What else is going on? My job is being posted this week. Yes, my term position is almost over, and they must go through all the proper channels to (hopefully) put me in there as full-time continuing. I am pretty confident, but still taking the resume process very seriously. I can't give them any reason to not want to hire me on permanently.

I'm glad I took the courses I did..as simple as a few Word courses, a Frontrunners management seminar and an A+ certification review sound, they look good as recent professional development on the resume.

Finally saw The Corpse Bride. A few chuckles, but overall, I was disappointed.

I think in addition to my "Movies Seen This Year" sidebar, I will add a section for movies rented or seen on PPV, movie channels or whatever. Or maybe just the ones I get from Zip. We'll see.

There is almost nothing occurring at this years Wrestlemania (Wrestlemania 22, to be exact) that makes me want to see it, even for free. How bad does it have to be to make ME turn away?

We are going to have houseguests in a couple of months. My niece and her husband will be giving up their apartment in an effort to save a few bucks between the end of their current lease and their departure to Japan for a year or two. As Holly's godparents, they also want to spend a good amount of time with the little girl before they go away. We'll be happy to have them..not only do we love them, and are thrilled to be able to help them out, but we can put them to work as babysitters, housecleaners, dog walkers, poop-picker-uppers (for the dogs? only I know for sure sure) and whatever else we can come up with for them. Insert evil laugh here.

Seriously though, we are looking forward to the company, and the chance to help out. All my life, whenever I've needed something or someone, it was invariably my family that came through to help me out, and I can't think of anything I want to do more that do something similar for anyone else in my family that needs something. The fact that it's Chrissy and co., well, that's jut a bonus. Love you guys..look forward to your movin' in!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger c & d said...

first of all, we appreciate it more than you can ever know.

second, i am going on the record as refusing to pick up poo. d loves the dogs, let's make that his job.

third, i am very excited too.. i'll try to behave. can't promise anything for darren though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home