Monday, March 20, 2006

I hate sad news. I found out some things today that made me sad, and Allson even more so. Things ranging from "Gee, that's too bad", to..well, much worse.

We found out that Ashes, Allison's old guinea pig that she gave to a new home due to allergies, recently died. The Hurricane Katrina kittens..all but one ended up too sick to be saved. And Allison's oldest friend's sister's one-month-old son passed away suddenly.

I could go my entire life without hearing news like that and trying to imagine, or rather, trying not to imagine the pain they must be going through. I would have done anything rather than tell Allison what had happened. Obviously, she felt terrible, and the doubt and fears all came to the surface, and it was all I could do to assure her that nothing like that is going to happen to us.

Say a little prayer for Zachary Goretzky. I never met him, but I am very, very sad for his loss, and I send my deepest sympathies and condolences to Krista, Quinn, Jodie, and the rest of his family.

On a happier note, I had a good, long phone conversation with Mukey, and that made me feel better, while at the same time wishing we all lived in the same city again to go out for beers and movies or some such thing. I hope for that someday soon. I really do. Experiencing losses of the kind we have these last few months/years, and even days, makes me miss my good friends and want to spend as much time with them as possible, despite the inconvenience of living thousands of kilometres apart.

Someday, you guys..someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home