Thursday, April 20, 2006

Allie and Holly have been at home since about 1 PM on Tuesday. We've been getting used to the little girl, her feeding needs and her sleeping habits.

She is awesome. I know I'll pay for this later, but at this point, she barely cries, she sleeps a lot (though don't worry, anyone, she is perfectly healthy in this) and she is eating well.

I didn't think I would be the kind of dad that gushed over every little thing, and I may just save that stuff for a new blog, but yes, I am gushing at every little thing, from her facial expressions, to her cries, and especially her blue eyes, and the fact that when I hold her, she looks at me. She can really see me. It is so amazing.

I also seem to have a magic touch in the carrying her around, rocking and swaying, when she is really crying up a storm. I hope that lasts! I feel so good when I'm carrying her around and her crying subsides, and she settles in, either going to sleep, or calming down and just staring at me.

Today, she'll be getting her first bath at home.

I knew this would be special, but I am at a complete loss for words to describe how it feels to have this.

I also have to say how much in love I am with Allie, how proud I am of her, at how she went through the pregnancy, the labour, and the delivery. She is awesome. Now I have two strong, beautiful, wonderful girls at home.

3 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

no gushing here, nope none at all ;)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger a-head in life said...

Congragualations to mommy, baby and daddy! I'm sorry that I couldn't stay for the actual birth, but thank you for letting me be part of it for the time that I was there. I think that you are both amazing and have no doubt of Holly's amazingness (that's not a word but that ok)Take care!

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulatios to you all. Great news that everything went well. Now we have another reason to visit our second home.

Love from the Smith Clan xxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home