Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Doctor appointment for Allie yesterday..now we go weekly. Results from yesterday..she is 2 cm dilated, the baby is fully engaged (so soon? I didn't even know she was dating! The dad is always the last to know these things...)..and she's at +2 stage, I guess that means she's well into the birth canal.

While seeing V For Vendetta last night, the baby was so active, we were wondering if we were going to be leaving the movie and heading for the hospital. Again, when we got home, we figured we weren't going to be getting much sleep..the baby was coming tongiht for sure.

No such luck, but it can't be long now.

And now, to gross you all out, comments from the doctor...

"If you have any leaking, go to the hospital"

"If you have any bloody mucous, go to the hospital"

"If you expel the mucous plug, do not go to the hospital. Do not keep it, do not put it in a plastic baggie with your name on it, and don't bring it to the hospital. Nobody wants it."

"For reasons I can't explain, women's water rarely breaks in public, like in the canned goods section at Safeway"

Can't get enough of those mucous plugs.

3 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Michael Joyal said...

Can I have the mucous plug?

For my collage.

What?

Why are you looking at me that way?

What?!?

I do have a new collage up at leadvitamins. It's really good.

No mucous involved.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Marmalade Girl said...

"If you expel the mucous plug, do not go to the hospital. Do not keep it, do not put it in a plastic baggie with your name on it, and don't bring it to the hospital. Nobody wants it."

I love, really and truly love, the fact the doctor felt it necessary to tell you that. It says to me that many, many other soon-to-be-fathers have done just that. I assume the mothers-to-be know better but I could be very wrong.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Are you kidding? He was telling her, not me..I'd be "fluch that thing!", and she, being a nurse, figured they would have no use for it. Maybe we'll dry it out and send it to Mukey for a collage, after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home