Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I've spent pretty much the last six weeks anxiously awaiting the January return of Heroes and Battlestar Galactica, and to a lesser extent, Smallville.

Maybe it's the fact that over a month without new episodes made me build everything up in my mind too much, but I feel a little let down, especially by Heroes. BSG was definitely good, Heroes was less so. It did build up something to look forward to, and the addition of Christopher Eccleston, most recently known for his turn as Doctor Who, but whom I will always fondly remember as David from Shallow Grave.

One of those "movie moments I'll never forget" (hmm..I should do a list of those someday...) is the silhouette of David at the gravesite, smashing the teeth in with a hammer, sawing off the hands and feet...creepy. Oh yeah, and his subsequent descent into madness. Classic film.

Smallville, well, my expectations were low anyways, since this season has suffered quality-wise. I geeked out momentarily for the episode where all the other DC heroes they introduced got together as a version of the Justice League, but, I didn't expect it to be deep or great, and I wasn't disappointed. I hope I can just hang in there until the end of the series (next season?), see the final scene of Clark becoming Superman for the first time, and flying off. If the creators change their mind and end it any differently than that...well, I'll write a letter! That'll learn 'em.

4 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Toasty said...

junior lifeguards association :)

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

heh, yeah, i remember that.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Marmalade Girl said...

It's nice to know we are sharing a brain in regards to TV viewing.
I'd forgotten Eccleston was in Shallow Grave and was brilliant in it so thanks for that. But I think I'll stick to my "favourite" memory of him bleeding to death in a street of identical row houses while his officers madly try to find him before he bleeds out, rather then that scene with the hammer. ick.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Nastyboy said...

Heroes is the best show on TV right now. Smallville will get even more interesting when the Martian Manhunter gets some face time instead of just a shadow.

They won't really jump the shark until a young Bruce Wayne finds his way to Kansas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home