Friday, May 04, 2007

Not much new with me. Back at work, now a month away from our Scotland trip.

The wife, however, has some huge news. Lets just say it was a very emotional week.

In her words, names removed..
>Hello Everyone,
>
>I have some very exciting news to relay to all of you. I think that all of
>you know that I was adopted. I have always wanted to meet my birth mother
>and find out more about my background. I have thought about it for years,
>but never really did anything about it. In 2004 when the new law came in
>regarding adoption, I registered with the post adoption registry. I was
>sent
>info on my birth mother. Her name is **** **** ***** and the name she
>gave me was Trina Lee ****** (I am definitly not a "Trina").
>
>I looked up the last name ****** on the net and wrote down all the
>names/info that came up for Alberta. But I never did anything about it.
>
>Having Holly now, it has all come to ahead for me. I either have to leave
>it
>alone or do something. About a month and a half ago I sent out 10 letters
>to
>the addresses that I had. I got 3 e-mails back stating that they were not
>related. I was getting tired of waiting and just wanted to know whether or
>not she wanted to see me or not. I had a few names that only had phone
>numbers and one of the letters came back stating it was the wrong address.
>The letter that was returned, I had a very strong feeling was someone who
>would know ******.
>
>I phoned my friend Tamara and asked her if she would call the numbers that
>I
>had. Of course she said yes. Tamara will do just about anything, especially
>if it's getting her nose into something...i just love her to bits...she
>didn't get very far, left some messages. Well, **** ****, who was the
>one who's letter was returned phoned Tamara back and he is actually ****'s
>triplet brother. He told Tamara that ***** was away on holidays for 2 wks.
>
> This past Monday there was a
>message
>for me when I got home from work. It was *****. I fell to the floor laughing
>and crying. She gave me her number and said that she would call the next
>day. We talked and I found out that she and her husband and son (my half
>brother), own **** Auto Repair. 5 min away from my house by car. I told her to come over....
>
>She is wonderful. She has always hoped that I would look for her. She never
>searched for me out of respect for my mum. **** is so happy and so am I. I
>have a half brother, who is married , and
>they have a little 2month old, my nephew. This whole week has been
>a
>blur.
>
>My mum is really happy for me. I am so protective of her and don't want her
>to feel that I am trying to replace her. She has been so great. I don't
>know
>if mum and ****** are going to meet, time will tell.
>
>I can't tell you all how amazed I am that this reunion has gone so well.
>They have all welcomed me and my family with open arms. **** says that they
>are there as an extension of my family if I want them. I do....
>
>Best wishes to you all,
>Allison

3 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Toasty said...

that is kinda neat! congrats ali !!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Toasty said...

and i am tbit again....

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on inhereting a whole extended family. That's great. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home